I have been ranting and raving about how EPIC 2015 is going to be. I am going into 2015 more prepared and more ambitious than any other new year. A lot of changes happened in 2014 for me and I want to keep that SNOW BALL MOMENTUM going. If you have not already done so, I urge you to take some time and set some goals for 2015. And then share them with the world. You may be asking yourself why I (or YOU for that matter) would share my goals with the world? You may have thoughts of what if I fail? What if people say I can’t do it?
The reason you share your goals is for accountability. It is easy for us to set goals and then come up with excuses at the end of the year as to why we did not accomplish those goals. But when we ANNOUNCE to the world our intentions it is human nature to not want to disappoint. Meaning you are going to WORK a lot HARDER to ACHIEVE your GOALS!
My 2015 Goals: Themed around Connection, Contribution, Vitality, & Serendipity.
- Get back into the best shape of my life at 187lbs with 8% bodyfat (my 2012 personal best). [Vitality]
- Complete 1 round of P90X – Starting weight of 220.8 lbs.
- Complete 1 round of P90X-2
- Complete 1 round of P90X-3
- Complete 1 round of a hybrid combo of Insanity/Asylum V1/Asylum V2
- Start my MBA in the Fall of 2015 at my Alma Mater CSUF. [Contribution]
- Submit my application by 1/15/15
- Register to take the GMAT before 4/1/15
- Submit Application packet by 4/1/15
- Start classes in the Fully Employed MBA program in August-2015
- Take 3 weeks worth of vacation with my wife & friends. [Connection]
- Vegas Trip at the Wynn in January
- Road Trip to Texas in the Spring
- Summer trip to New Hampshire
- Make room for serendipity to do its thing. [Serendipity]
- Add an additional investment property to our portfolio towards the middle of the year. [Contribution]
- Pay additional principal payments towards our primary mortgage to stay on track for our 7-year pay off plan. That means increasing our payment by an additional $800/month in 2015. [Contribution]
- Max out 401K with $18,000 (new limit in 2015). And contribute $5,500 to Wife’s IRA. [Contribution]
- Add $6,000 in 12-month CD’s to our portfolio through Navy Federal at a 3% interest rate. [Contribution]
Okay so there you have it. These are my goals for 2015. Let’s leverage everything we accomplished in 2014 to make 2015 an EPIC year.
Watch my progress here.
– Gen Y Finance Guy
2015 is NOT the end, it is a NEW BEGINNING…It’s a whole year dedicated to you and your ASPIRATIONS…Take advantage of this year to continue moving FORWARD and FINISH STRONG!